Chromebook supports VPN or the Virtual private network connectivity but if you are using a school device, it is possible that the school administrator has disabled the access to play store and changing the network connections. Still we have a way that works in 99% of the cases.
Let us check it out.
Also Read : Play Roblox on School chromebook
How to setup VPN on School Chromebook
- Open Google Chrome & go to the chrome extensions.
- Choose the VPN extension (Pulse Secure) & click Add.
- After adding the VPN extension, go to the bottom right,
- Select Time -> Settings -> Network -> Add Connection.
- Click VPN and select Add and follow on screen instructions.
- That is it. You can go to the same menu and connect with your VPN.
You can also try downloading the VPN apk and run it on your machine if your School admin has enabled access for file installation.
Alternate Way : Using OpenVPN on School Chromebook
- At the bottom right, Select Time -> Settings -> Network -> Add Connection.
- Next to OpenVPN / L2TP, select Add.
- Enter the following information.
- Server hostname:
- Service name:Give any name, example Work VPN.
- Provider type: Select OpenVPN.
- Username and password: Your VPN credential / Use Blank for Client Server authentication
- Server CA certificate:
- User certificate:
- Select Connect.
This will make you connect your School chromebook with VPN.