Google offers a great list of tools and websites that are realy productive. You just need to use them smartly and believe me, the experience will be amazing. Here in this article, we will help you out to proceed in a way with which you will be able to use your Google Docs as a Journal. Yeah, you heard me right. You can follow a simple way out to use the online Google Docs as your daily diary easily.
How to use Google Docs as Journal
Time needed: 5 minutes.
Steps to use your Google Docs as a Journal
- Login to Google Docs and Open any Blank Document.
You may proceed to use Google docs on any of your device. Let it be your laptop, iPad, mobile phone or any other device that can use your web browser or can install Android or iOS apps.
- Enter the date with which you want to add an entry in your Journal.
A typical journal will include the dates and the content with it. The first thing to do is to add a date. This date will also solve the purpose of navigation and will enable you quickly jump to any date of your choice.
- Classify the date as Heading (Heading 1 / Heading 2 or so on)
When you select any Heading, then it will start showing up in the left pane of your online document. Technically, this solves as the purpose of scroling / navigation.
- Start entering the content
Once you enter a date, you can start entering the content below it. This will be the content of your Journal.
- Save the document and keep on updating regularly.
This document will be saved online and just like any other Google Docs content, will be accessible from cross devices. Start entering the content and that is it. This way you will have your Journal ready with the Google Docs.
Benefits of using Google Docs for maintaining your daily Diary
- Free to use.
- Available cross platform devices.
- Provides seamless advantages of adding cross platform data from Youtube, Blogspot etc.
- Lets you add images.
- Excellent tools for formatting to enhance user experience.