If Your Omegle Camera is not working and throwing this warning – error with camera: [object mediastreamerror] on any of the web browser, then you need to perform few actions. The problem is possible to occur on all the available web browsers including Google Chrome, Opera, Firefox, Microsoft edge and many more.
Suggested Read : Get the web browser that will never track our browsing history and whatever you searh is private always.
Omegle Camera Not Working
If you are getting Error with camera: [object mediastreamerror] or any error message while using omegle and your camera is not working, you need to make some checks before. To do that, you need to understand the reason behind the problem.
Possible Reasons & Solution
There might be 3 possible reasons:
If your Web cam is faulty, you have to get a new one or you can ask the engineer to fix this. But if your camera hardware is perfectly fine, you can check for other possibilities. To diagnose if this is the problem, try using any other app and launch the camera. If you are able to see camera image, it is fine.
If you are not able to see the camera photo in any of the other app as well, try checking for the system drivers. Perform below steps as per your device.
- Click Start button, enter device manager, and then select Device Manager.
- Look under Cameras, Imaging devices or Sound, video and game controllers.
- Press and hold (or right-click) the name of your webcam, and then select Properties.
- Select the Driver tab, select the Driver Details button, and look for a file name that includes stream.sys. If it’s there, your webcam was designed before Windows 7 and you’ll have to replace it with a newer webcam.
- If you don’t find a file name that includes stream.sys, try rolling back your webcam driver.
- In Device Manager, press and hold (or right-click) your webcam, and then select Properties.
- Select the Driver tab, select Roll Back Driver, and then choose Yes. Some drivers don’t provide this option. If your driver doesn’t have Roll Back Driver available, go ahead to the next fix.
- After the roll back is complete, restart your computer, and then try opening the Camera app again.
- If rolling back didn’t work or isn’t available, uninstall your webcam driver and scan for hardware changes.
Go to app store and update all the pending things to get the latest software and drivers.
Android / iOS / Any other Smartphone
Make sure you are running the latest app version along with the latest Software version as well.
Outdated Browser / Browser Data
Try using some other web browser for the same, if the problem is there than it could be something else than your internet browser. You can also check and update your browser to the latest version and then check if the problem is there.
Additionally, you can clear up all the Browser data including Cookies and re check for the omegle service. If problems are still existing, then you may proceed with the below step.
No Flash Player
Flash player is required for running the web based camera applications. You can get the Flash player from their official site.
Leave a Reply