You can open and load the Outlook data file or the pst file (.pst) in the device running Microsoft Office 2007 , 2010 or even the latest versions. PST file has the email details of an individual. You can copy and paste and move a .pst from one machine to other.
You can load any pst file into the outlook to view the contents. Generally the email service provider offers a limited storage for the online account. PST is really helpful in such scenarios.
What is pst file ?
PST is outlook data file which is a database of all the emails recieved / sent to or from a user account. The mail data is stored locally. PST files can be moved from one machine to other and help to preserve the email data.
Steps to Open PST File
- First of all Open the Microsoft Outlook on your device.
- Now Select File > Open & Export > Open Outlook Data File.
- Enter the file location of the pst you want to upload.
- Click open after locating the path.
- That is it, you will see the pst content.
Once you open the .pst, the content will appear in your folder pane. You can find it at the bottom of the list of folders.
If you are using older versions of the Microsoft office, you may follow the below steps.
Steps for MS Office 2010
- Open Outlook and Click on File tab.
- Now click Account Settings > Sub menu Account Settings.
- Now click Data Files tab and select Add.
- Provide the pst file path you wish to open & click OK.
- That is it.
Steps for MS Office 2007
- Launch Outlook and click on the File menu.
- Now Select Open, and then click Outlook Data File.
- Click the .pst file that you want to view, and then click OK.
- PST Will open up in your computer.
If you have any specific query, you may reach out to us via our contact page.